Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Table Rock Tournament Recap

Table Rock tournament

Last week at Table Rock was a great week and a really good tournament for me.  


First off;  my wife (Dixie) and my daughter (Taylor) were able to come to Branson and spend the week with me. Then to top that off I had a top 20 finish ending the tournament in 14th place.

The fishing was pretty tough for me but the weather was as beautiful as it has ever been during March in Branson. We had 80 + degree weather the entire week. This caused the bass to spawning and sight fishing tends to be my favorite way to fish. Although falling water made the fish really spooky, I was able to catch some of them Texas rigging a Sasuteki Craw from Jackall with a  1/4 oz Tiger Tungsten weight.  My Typhoon Polarized optics helped me see these fish as well.


The fish seemed to bite a little better when the wind blew and I was able to catch them on a Yellow Hammer (Umbrella rig ) with Berkley hollow belly swim baits.

After catching 13 lb 13 oz the first day off the bed I was blessed the second day with 19 lb 7 oz that placed me in the top 20 cut. The whole week was a blessing and I am excited to get things headed in the right direction again.


Beaver Lake is the next stop on the tour.   So we go from my favorite lake to me least favorite lake.  Maybe I can figure it out this year!


Scott Canterbury









No comments:

Post a Comment